Sunday 7th July
10.00am - 4.30pm
Tutor: Simone Bullion
Dormice can sometimes be hard to detect so using a range of different survey methods can be beneficial. This course aims to demonstrate the range of techniques through a combination of indoor and field based sessions. As well as checking nest boxes and nest tubes, for which a survey licence is required, we will also spend time practicing the new technique of footprint tunnels and how to recognise evidence of dormice. The use of trail cameras will also be covered, as well as how to search for natural nests and nibbled hazel nuts in autumn. This course is aimed at consultants, but also suitable for anyone interested in the ecology of dormice who wants to know more about how to survey for them.
- This event is non-refundable unless cancelled by Wildwood.
- Lunch is not provided.
- For more information on this event, please email email@example.com or telephone 01227 711 471.
- If booking for more than one person, please list the names of extra attendees in the space provided.
- To make the course go as smoothly as possible, we ask you to list any allergies or health issues that we can address before the course date.
- After booking is completed, you will be contacted via email to provide any extra information pertinent to your booking.